Would the Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up – Part 8 Church Power (1 of 8 original blog posts. See PDF below for compilation)
LISTEN: Amy Macpherson is a Canadian Journalist for the CBC, formerly of Huffington Post, who has spent a sleepless month doing some breathtaking original research on Mitt Romney and his Mormon Church's intricate machinations throughout our society. She has barely had time to edit this work, and while it will surely become a book, she wanted people to know what she's learned before they vote on Tuesday.
While it's been seen by some big dogs, few have had the courage make noise with it this late in the game. I was only handed it 90 minutes ago, I had merely skimmed it, but I found it so compelling, I got several people to start breaking it down to see if any of it can be used to bring down this scary cult-spawn named Mitt Romney.
I wish it were shorter, but I mostly wish we had it a week ago. Karoli has compiled all 8 parts of the series into one PDF for your reading pleasure (and haste).
Please share this widely.Comments are open.
The politics being practiced by the Susan G. Komen Foundation is part of a broad based effort by the right wing to politiciize every aspect of American culture. The right has spent decades developing new ways to raise the cost to any organization that would support, or even appear to support pro-choice organizations—or anyone else they oppose.
The only way to impede this kind of political tampering is to pressure the organizations that too easily cave to it. In the case of Komen, this means that Karen Handel must be fired. We now know she was instrumental in orchestrating their ruinous decision to manipulate rules to prohibit future funding to Planned Parenthood.
Her exit will not only signal that Komen is ready to clean house and move on, but also that it will no longer be a willing patsy for these right wing pressure tactics.
Using the power of Social media, the American Left has the ability to force small changes like this. But small changes can have big impact and reaching ripple effects. Theyc can change the perception and strategies of political organizations and operatives who come up with these destructive ideas.
You Can Help Achieve Such A Small Change
We want to help the groups trying to pressure the sponsors and partners of Komen. We already have their names, twitter IDs, and facebook accounts. We need the emails of the CEO, Chairman, or other acccounts that is likely to be seen
The emails are being collected in this spreadsheet. All you have to do to help us is follow these steps:
- Pick the name of a Komen partner from the left hand column of the spreadsheet.
- Google that name and find the partner's website.
- Locate their "Contact Us" or "About" or "Our Team" pages, and find one or more relevant emails.
- You can grab as many as you think might be useful, but at least 2 are recommended: one for the chairman or CEO, and one for a more general inquiry or feedback/suggestion type email accounts.
- Any others you feel might be relevant are also welcome. We can't really have too many. The whole idea is to bring pressure, and the more recipients we have per organization, the more likely it is that we will get through their various filters and be heard.
- Enter the names in the correct row and column in the spreadsheet.
- ]Separate multiple names with a comma — VERY important.
- Enter your twitter name in the next column, so we know who to thank for the effort :)
- If you completed this mission in less than 10 minutes, please consider doing another :)
If just 210 people in my Twitter stream each invest 10 minutes to find these emails for just a single organization, we will complete this task in one day, proving once again that the power of the crowd is formidable indeed.
Please tweet @shoq if you have any questions.
Thank you. We can all make a difference, if we each make some small effort to make that difference.
Two more things:
- Please use the Retweet button below and spread this post around?
- Sign the petitions below. (Note: If you join Change.org, it's very easy to sign their future petitions.)
Hit 'em all with just a few clicks.
Takes 30 seconds.
Register your extreme displeasure about the preposterously stupid internet killer legislation knowing as #PIPA, now before the Senate.
SOPA, the House bill has been tabled, but only for now, so you want to let your Representatives know how you feel about it
If you MUST access wikipedia during the blackout:
- The blackout only applies personal computers. You can use a web browser on your mobile device.
- You can also unblock any given page using a simple bookmarklet you can get here.
- You can also ask research questions or find alternet reference sources at the twitter hashtag, #altwiki